Since December 2019, I am temporary assistant professor in the logic team of the University of Turin, in Italy.
Email : raphael dot carroy at unito dot it
Dipartimento di Matematica "Giuseppe Peano"
Università degli studi di Torino
Via Carlo Alberto 10
10123 Torino, Italy
Research areas :
My general field is logic and descriptive set theory, and I am more specifically interested in Borel functions, better-quasi-orders (bqo) and infinite games.
Presence on the web
Here is my CV (pdf).
- October 15th, 2016 - October 15th, 2019: Postdoctoral fellow at the Kurt Gödel Research Center of the University of Vienna, in Austria.
- June 1st, 2014 - September 30th, 2016: Postdoctoral fellow at the logic and set theory team, University of Turin, Italy.
- January 6th - May 31st, 2014: Postdoctoral fellow, Institut für Mathematische Logik und Grundlagenforschung, Universität Münster, Germany.
- December 1st, 2012 - November 30th, 2013: Postdoctoral fellow, Dipartimento di Matematica "Giuseppe Peano", Università di Torino, Italy.
- October 1st, 2011 - August 31st, 2012: Teaching and Research Assistant (ATER), Equipe de logique, Université Paris 7, France.
- October 1st, 2008 - September 30th, 2011: PhD Student/Teaching Assistant, Groupe de Logique, University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
- The Swiss Society for Logic and Philosophy of Science granted me the Paul Bernays award 2014.
- I received in September 2015 a one-year fellowship from the Istituto Nazionale d'Alta Matematica (INdAM).
- 2008-2013: PhD in Mathematics, french-swiss collaboration, Paris 7 - Denis Diderot & University of Lausanne.
- 2007-2008: Master in Mathematical Logic, University Paris 7 - Denis Diderot, France.
- 2005-2007: Master in Mathematics, University Paris 6 - Pierre et Marie Curie, France.
- 2003-2006: Bachelor in Philosophy, University Paris 1 - Panthéon Sorbonne, France.
- 2002-2005: Bachelor in Mathematics, University Paris 6 - Pierre et Marie Curie, France.