How to reach us:
Assuming that you will arrive for the first talk on sunday
afternoon at 3.00 pm; we have listed below
the different possibilities.
First you have to reach Marloie, and we have listed different
schedules from the main belgian train stations:
- From the Brussels-South station (Bruxelles Midi):
Brussels to Marloie: 09.33--11.15 (+1 hour for the next train, and so on) in direction of Luxembourg.
- From Liège (Guillemins):
- 10.22--11.29: this train is direct (direction: Jemelle).
- 10.50--11.36 until Namur (direction Tournai) then you change 11.42--12.15 to Marloie (direction: Luxembourg).
- From Lille-Europe: first you go to Brussels then you have to change in Brussels in order to go
to Marloie: 11.10 --11.44 (TGV) and then 12.33--14.15.
- From Paris -Charles de Gaulle to Brussels and from Brussels to Marloie:
7.44--8.59 at Brussels and then 9.33 --11.15
- Note that if you take the thalys to Belgium, there is a fare which
is called T.G.B., which allows you modulo an extra 10 euros, to travel
freely within Belgium.
- From the train station Lille-Flandres: Every hour you have a train to Marloie; for example
- 9.09--11.20 until Namur then 11.42--12.15 until Marloie;
- 10.07--12.20 until Namur then 12.42--13.15 until Marloie;
- 11.06--14.15: You change first in Tournai then from Tournai you to Namur and finally you change for the travel
- From the train station Luxembourg: 09.24--10.43 in direction of Bruxelles Midi (+1 hour for the next train and so on).
Further information about trains in Belgium can be found in
the SNCB website
Then we will organize one or two bus tranfers
from Marloie to La Roche-en-Ardennes, between 1 pm and 2 p.m.
If you have any problem to catch that bus, let us know.
In any case, to reach the conference center, you can either use taxis (50 euros
fare for six persons taxi) or the public
transportation. We have detailed below the procedure to go from Marloie to La Roche-en-Ardennes:
In Marloie you change and take a train to Malreux-Hotton.
In Melreux-Hotton you go to the bus station and take the bus line 15 to La Roche-en-Ardennes.
After about 25 minutes, you get off the bus at 'Quai de l'Ourthe' in La Roche.
From the Quai of l'Ourthe you have to walk a few minutes in La Roche to get Le Floréal.
Unfortunately on Sunday there is only one bus every two hours; so
it would be much simpler for you to use the bus transfer.
In order to choose
the most convenient departure time(s), it would be useful for us to know
in advance your arrival time in Marloie.
Here there are some propositions
- On Saturday 19 April:
- At 15h23 in Marloie'station you take the bus 15 (platform 2 and direction La Roche) and you arrive at Quai de l'Ourthe in La Roche-en-Ardennes. Walk 15 minutes until the conference hotel.
- Last bus: At 16pm30 you take the train L5587 in Marloie'station (direction: Herstal) at 16h41 to Melreux-Hotton.
You arrive at At 16pm41 and then you take the bus (line 13) to La Roche. You arrive in La Roche at Quai de l'Ourthe and you have to walk around 15 minutes.
- On Sunday 20 April:
- At 12pm23, you take bus 15 (platform 2 in Marloie'station) and you arrive in La Roche at 12pm54. Then you have to walk around 15 minutes.
- At 14pm31, Take the train L5585 in Marloie (direction Herstal) and you arrive at 14pm41 in Malreux-Hotton. Then you go to the bus station and take bus 13 (direction La Roche) at 14pm46. Stop at Quai de l'Ourthe and walk around 15 minutes until the conference hotel.
- At 15pm23, bus 15, platform 2 in Marloie, arrival 17pm54 at Quai de l'Ourthe in La Roche and walk around 15 minutes.
- At 17pm23, bus 15, platform 2 in Marloie, arrival 17pm54 at Quai de l'Ourthe in La Roche and walk around 15 minutes.
- At 19.22, bus 15, platform 2 in Marloie, arrival 19pm54 at Quai de l'Ourthe in La Roche and walk around 15 minutes.
More information about the bus can be found at
the TEC website